Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thank You...

I get lost sometimes. Sometimes I get mired in the details, the setbacks, the challenges, the chaos, and the general confusion that passes for life. I fail to see things that should be patently obvious...

I think anytime you do something for a long time, you can sometimes lose sight of what it is about what you do that is meaningful or important...just because you do it all the time...neural pathways harden and what was novel can sometimes become routine.

But, then every once in awhile you have a moment that provides a powerful and vivid reminder of what you're all about..and why you do what you do. Yesterday I was fortunate enough to have such a reminder.

People say 'thank you' to me often and I really appreciate it. But, truthfully, I don't always feel worthy of the gratitude and don't always know what to do with it.

It's not because I question the value of what I provide...I've seen firsthand what doors the work I've done can open and it never fails to surprise...or inspire. I love being in a position to do just this.

I suppose I don't always know what to do with gratitude because any gratitude expressed towards me is ultimately dwarfed by the gratitude I have towards the others thanking me.

But, let me give this a shot. Thank you for making me believe in what I do. Thank you for inspiring me to keep doing it. Thank you for reminding me of what's important.

In my darkest hours, just seeing you shines a light that never fails to illuminate the truth. Know that you are in my heart in small and big ways.

For all this (and much more).....I thank YOU.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Matt,

May you always feel the joy you bring others.

With gratitude,
Lauren