Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I run because I feel small..

Some days simply kick your ass. They bring you to your knees. They make you beg for mercy.

I don't relish these days. I crumple in a heap on the floor. Defeated and spent, I wonder how to get up off the floor.

Life can make you feel infinitesimally small sometimes. It can make you feel decidedly diminutive. I feel so small, I could simply disappear.

The universe is gigantic. I am a speck of dust on a rock hurtling through space. My life is a blink of the universe's eye.

But, some of the greatest things start with small things. My business started with a craigslist ad. Now it is a tribe of thousands.

There was a time when I could barely run a mile and now I have completed innumerable. I felt small when I started. There is no question I am bigger now.

I pull myself off the ground. I uncrumple myself. I get a little bit bigger.

There was a time when I could barely get anyone to respond to an email. Now, I have to fight them off. I once barely got by, now I fly.

I stand up. I take a few deep breaths. I am bigger still.

Once, I could barely write a page. Now I can't stop writing. Pandora's box is open.

I was broken once. But, I fought my way back to the top. I have taken a few cheap shots, but shook them off.

I look off to the horizon. It is huge. It goes on forever. But, I am big too.

I just need a reminder. I take one small step and then a bigger one. I run because I feel small.

No comments: