Thursday, March 05, 2015

Speed workout description (06/04/15)

If you're feeling the need for speed, I've got you covered tonight.

I'm introducing you to some 'fartlek' tonight. No, that's not a typo, nor does it have anything to do with flatulence.

Fartlek is considered 'speed play'. So, it's 'fun'. Keep this in mind :)

There is 'some' structure to this workout as you'll be doing 1/2 mile fartlek segments.

Essentially, what this looks like is you will run easy for 200M, hard for 200M, easy for 200M, and hard for 200M.

I will put down chalk markings for you to reference for transitioning from easy to hard and vice-versa.

Between each 1/2 mile fartlek segment, I will have you do a few drills which I will explain this evening.


You have the option of doing 4, 6, or 8 1/2 mile repeats tonight.

Here's a link to the actual fartlek 'course'....

Fartlek Course Map

No comments: